Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I fell in love

Remember how I said I was apt to change my mind about the type of doll I wanted at any point in time? Well- ha! I did it again- sort of. While perusing the Volks mini sized dolls (hey there are a heck of a lot more of them than I thought!) I found two very good "matches."

First, I did track down a website detailing the choices available in the Full Choice System (here). Wow what a lot of choices! I've had the hardest time deciding which head mold I love the most, but I've got plenty of time. A FCS doll is going to cost a hell of a lot more than just the base cost of the doll, I have to go to California to purchase this doll- unless I majorly luck out and somehow get into a NY dolpa to order one. New York is still quite a ways to go though! First must come the funds to get such a doll, so I'm just going to worry about that bridge when I come to it.

The second doll that I loved it Tsubaki- a genderless "angel" type Volks mini size doll. I loved "him" at first sight! Took my breath away... you have to see him yourself! Two major problems with Tsubaki 1) Tsubaki is a standard doll in ONE STORE in JAPAN. Yeah, nuff said. 2) Tsubaki is not Plum. Nope, this doll that I've been "creating" in my head for a very long time just doesn't quite match to what I see in Tsubaki.
    Tsubaki is quite affordable, if I could just get him- around high 300s, not bad for a Volks- in line with the price of the standard MSDs. I like him, I really do, but he's not my Plum... hmm

More of me just rambling hehe... Who knows what I will actually end up with. For now, I'm just trying to put my thoughts together...

No comments:

Post a Comment